Title: Construction Project Manager
NAC is seeking a Construction Project Manager to add to our growing construction department. The Construction Project Manager is responsible for driving the entire construction project, from start to successful completion, safely and achieving quality results.
NAC is an industry leading mechanical and electrical contractor located in the Twin Cities. We provide innovative construction and service solutions for medium and large-scale commercial projects. NAC is built on integrity and with its customer-first model, delivers commitment and a strong partnership for each customer. NAC offers mechanical and electrical construction; engineering, design and estimation; building automation, controls and system integration; building technologies and systems; fabrication; preventative maintenance and 24/7 service. With our many capabilities and more than 30 years of experience and proven success, NAC is the single-source mechanical contractor our customers trust and rely on. Our growth and expanding disciplines makes NAC a very exciting place to work, offering endless career opportunities for the motivated people on our team.
Responsibilities of Construction Project Manager:
- Provide management, leadership and support for all parties involved in the project including owner and client contacts, engineers and design team, contractors and subcontractors, suppliers and all field and office labor, to ensure completion of a quality project, on schedule and within budget.
- Understand project contract and specifications, define project scope, objectives and budgets for construction projects.
- Work with Superintendents and Foremen to plan, organize and direct activities of the construction project and project schedules. Visit job sites to assure job progress and safe practices.
- Monitor pay requests, project costs and projections, proactively reporting inconsistencies to senior management.
- Review and coordinate the submittal process.
- Procure, schedule and monitor material, equipment and subcontractors for deliveries and performance to meet project schedules.
- Develop and negotiate contract change orders.
- Communicate with executive management as the project is developing.
- Attend required project and department meetings.
- Lead successful project close-out.
- Build and maintain relationships with contractors and clients, engineers and vendors.
- Offer suggestions for best contract means and methods, keep current on technology and techniques.
Requirements for the Mechanical Construction Project Manager:
- Post-secondary degree in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Business or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, plans and specifications. Understanding of the construction industry and construction safety standards.
- Knowledge of the mechanical or related construction industry a plus.
- Solid math and analytical skills.
- Can pay attention to detail, while still able to grasp the entire project scope.
- Organized, can handle stressful situations and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, overall and with Microsoft Office.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Confident, comfortable communicating with all levels of the project and owner’s team. Can work effectively with a group as well as individually.
NAC is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary with commission program for this important position. NAC’s benefit package includes health and dental insurance, flexible spending plan, 401(k) with employer match and generous company profit sharing. This is a tremendous opportunity for a motivated person. Please fill out the form.