Title: Automation Controls Technician – Entry Level
NAC is seeking an entry level Automation Controls Technician to add to our growing technology department. The Automation Controls Technician will learn how to provide professional service to advance each of our client’s operational and environmental objectives, needs, and requirements. The primary focus is to service and install Alerton, Johnson Controls and Tridium AX automation systems. Working with the project team, the Automation Controls Technician I will learn how to drive the entire automation construction project, from start to successful completion, safely, while achieving quality results.
NAC is an industry leading mechanical, electrical, and technology contractor located in the Twin Cities. We provide innovative construction and service solutions for medium and large-scale commercial projects. NAC is built on integrity and with its customer-first model, delivers commitment and a strong partnership for each customer. NAC offers mechanical and electrical construction; engineering, design and estimation; building automation, controls and system integration; building technologies and systems; fabrication; preventative maintenance and 24/7 service. With our many capabilities and more than 30 years of experience and proven success, NAC is the single-source mechanical contractor our customers trust and rely on. Our growth and expanding disciplines makes NAC a very exciting place to work, offering endless career opportunities for the motivated people on our team.
Primary Responsibilities of Automation Controls Technician I:
- Provide technical guidance to diagnose control system concerns and ensure occupancy comfort.
- Troubleshoot local controllers, communication wiring, programs, and schedules to identify concerns and determine corrective action.
- Ensure proper set-points, schedules and sequences of operation are correctly programmed.
- Provide timely response to diagnose source of customer concern, analyze system requirements, test components, and recommend corrective action, including on-call and emergency support as required.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance tasks for the control systems including point-to-point check-out, sensor calibration, and software back-up.
- Ensure proper Measurement and Verification (M&V) equipment functionality, including accurate data recording and storage.
- Coordinate work with other trades.
- Perform installations, start-ups & commissioning as needed.
- Generate and implement control sequences & programming.
Requirements for the Automation Controls Technician I:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in building controls and automation, including troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of emergency management systems.
- Knowledge of building automation systems for controlling HVAC Systems.
- Knowledge of BACnet control systems.
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office; programming; project start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communication skills, customer focused with interpersonal savvy, ability to listen.
- Organized, good planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the desire to drive for results.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing issued by state of residence.
NAC is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and benefit package for this important position. NAC’s benefit package includes health and dental insurance, flexible spending plan, 401(k) with employer match and generous company profit sharing. This is a tremendous opportunity for a motivated person. Please Fill out the form.